Coconut oil is a product of plant origin that has gained fame in recent years thanks to its medicinal and cosmetic applications. It comes from the process of pressing the coconut pulp, which is composed almost entirely of medium-chain fatty acids and antioxidant substances. Given its nutritional richness, the health and beauty industry is using organic coconut oil in shampoos, creams, soaps, and other cosmetics to beautify both the skin and hair. However, some prefer to use coconut oil on the scalp in its natural state because it is a more effective way to take advantage of its properties.
Dry/Itching Scalp Treatment Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is lucrative for people fighting against itching scalp. Dandruff that has a part of a fungus, others can see the adverse effects of using coconut oil correctly on the scalp. However, excess use of coconut oil for the scalp can block pores and cause aggravation in some types of the scalp (as in certain skin types).
It is best used specifically in the hair and not in the scalp (of those with the correct type of hair). For best results, there are some practices along with coconut oil scalp massage that should be followed when using coconut oil for itching scalp. Start with a small amount. Again, more is not better. In particular, until you know how your hair behaves with coconut oil, use a small amount and perceive how the scalp and your hair react. Then adjust the amount.
Mix other ingredients with coconut oil for dry scalp
Mixing different oils can alter the influence of coconut oil on the hair. As a deep treatment, mixing coconut oil with nectar and yogurt may offer more benefits.
Scalp detox with coconut oil to refresh
Coconut oil for scalp treatment is useful because the application of coconut oil on the head and scalp has a cooling effect. It can cool and calm people with a hot head, or those who suffer from intense sweating on the scalp.
How to make a homemade shampoo with coconut oil for a balanced moisturizing PH?
- The scalp contains a particular pH, and it is essential that you better keep it.
- Imbalance in these pH levels can cause bacterial or fungal infections.
- Many hair care products have alkaline chemicals. As a result, the pH levels increase, and the alkali of the shampoos will react with the natural sebum.
- Take coconut oil scalp massage in to practice to remove the sebaceous protective layer that prevents infections, fungi, dandruff, etc.
Here are step by step guides to making this coconut oil shampoo:
- Coconut oil (1 ½ cups)
- Aloe Vera gel (1 ¾ cups)
- Any fragrant essential oil (20 drops)
- Mix these oils and gel in a bowl with a wire whisk.
- Then, pour this into a container and refrigerate.
- Massage your scalp with this shampoo to remove dirt and nourish your hair.
- Wash this shampoo with water.
How to apply coconut oil on itching scalp
A benefit of coconut oil is that you can take it internally, or you can rub it on your skin. But rubbing it on your skin has multiple benefits. The traditional way of making a supplement, either in liquid form, capsule, or pill. However, it is well known that this way of obtaining a necessary supplement allows 90% of the supplement to be absorbed into the bloodstream. This is due to stomach enzymes and acids that interfere with absorption.
Why is coconut oil used in many hair care products?
Coconut oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is rich in minerals and vitamins. But the best virtue of coconut oil is that it stimulates hair growth because it helps prevent protein loss, which generally damages hair and weakens it. Organic coconut oil activates circulation and hydration in the scalp.
How to do coconut oil scalp massage
Those people who need to stop hair loss are better to use it hot. In this way, coconut oil penetrates deeply into the follicles, strengthens and nourishes the hair.
- For best results, heat one or two teaspoons before applying.
- Then rub the scalp by gently massaging so that the oil spreads throughout the head.
- A massage of at least 5 minutes is performed.
- Wrap it with a towel and leave it two hours on the hair, or even up to 4 hours.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and as natural as possible. Washing should be thorough so that the follicles are not clogged and growth is inhibited, which is just what we want.
Coconut oil as a natural moisturizer
Because of its texture, aroma, and properties, coconut oil is a great alternative to replace commercial conditioners. It does not contain aggressive chemicals and is full of vitamins, minerals, and proteins that strengthen the roots. Coconut oil on scalp not only stimulates hair growth but also leaves hair shiny and healthy-looking. It eliminates dandruff and also acts as a natural moisturizer. This deep treatment can be done once or twice a week with a massage on the scalp. Of course, you may need to wash your hair a couple of times to remove all other oil.
Remember that for optimal results, you should acquire organic coconut oil instead of refined ones. Heed the advice and discover how good this oil is for your hair. You’ll love it!